NUSADAILY.COM – MANILA – Indonesian U-22 national team must fight to death to qualify for the semifinals until the final match of the 2019 SEA Games group B, Thursday (5/12/2019). Not a single team from this group has confirmed the ticket to the semifinals. While the three teams are equally likely to qualify, namely Vietnam, Indonesia and Thailand.
Vietnam U-22 who already occupy top positions can also be eliminated and failed to qualify if they lost 0-2 to Thailand in the last fight. And in other matches, Indonesia won at least 1-0 over Laos. If that condition occurs, Indonesia, Thailand and Vietnam both collect 12 points.
Quoted from Nusantara.com, at the end of the standings if there are two or more teams having the same points, judging by the goal difference from. If it is still the same, it will be seen the productivity of goals from each team. Vietnam currently has the most goal difference with a surplus of 13 goals. Indonesia was followed by a surplus of 11 goals, and Thailand 10 goals. (nus/wan)
Indonesia qualifies as Group B champion if:
- Win by two goals on Laos, while Thailand win by two goals on Vietnam.
Indonesia qualifies as Group B runner-up if:
- Winning with a difference of two goals over Laos, Thailand versus Vietnam ended in a draw.
- A goalless draw against Laos, while Vietnam won by a goal difference from Thailand.
- Defeated by a goal difference from Laos, on the other hand Vietnam won by a goal difference from Thailand.
Indonesia will not qualify for the semi-finals if:
- Draw with Laos, while Thailand wins over Vietnam.
- Losses from Laos, Thailand and Vietnam ended in a draw.